Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice condition as of 12/11/13

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I did the north side ice check today at 3pm, at most there was 1.5" of ice, around dock post/ vegetation, skimmed to  open water. I checked, sail boat club, marina, Anderson's and sandy beach. with colder air tomorrow, Friday might be a great day to fish!

Salmonid

• View Profile
Im hoping to get there late morning on Sat. I will be in my buddies channel on the SE corner...please give a detailed report on late Friday..Thanks

Salmonid

toadfish

• View Profile
Still lots of open water on the open lake as of sunset today.  I went past the St. Mary's marina and there was open water at the mouth.  Sailboat club looks pretty good.  Beach areas had open water yet, but out near the points.

Be careful if you venture out over the next couple days.  I saw some rain in the extended forecast, lets all hope that is wrong, like usual.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

toadfish

• View Profile
Ice thickness is anywhere from open to 4".  I fished in some channels and got 5 crappie in about 60 minutes in the middle of the day.  Only 3 were keepers, but they fought hard on my Frabil Panfish popper spring bobber rod I bought at  fin, fur and feathers in 2012.  Lots of guys cruising around and looking, but not much action from what I could tell and heard.

Best of luck if you get out.  Be careful, carry a spud to check the ice when you are moving.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar