Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice report 12.12.13

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
fished at the sail boat club  for a little while, no bites went to andersons landing and checked ice in the channel by the big parking lot. only had 2inches in every hole i spudded.  did fish it for a while  caught 7 gills but no size to em. checked the first channel as you drive in. couple of other guys were just coming off. said they caught a few and said they had some crappie on but lost em.  i tried it there and caught another 25 gills and one small crappie. they were willingly biting the waxies i had just no size to em.  ice in that channel was better at 3 to 4 inches.  should be good for this weekend if the snow doesnt lay down to heavy a blanket. was great to be back on the ice.  those were the only spots i hit.  be careful if you go. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SAFE ICE!!!
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

toadfish

• View Profile
At least you had some fish coming out of the hole.  I live a few miles west of Andersons and drilled a hole on the open lake last night and only had about 2", but it is clear, hard ice.

Hoping to get out Sunday for walleye or perch since I am busy with kids on Friday and Sat.

I might go after some of those gills or crappie.

BE CAREFUL everyone.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bryan78

• View Profile
I hit the front channel early Saturday and caught probably 25 and half of them could've been keepers but I didn't keep any. Some real nice gills but no crappie. I'm going to get back out again. Fished long island at Indian Sunday and almost all of the fish I caught came before the sun came up.

toadfish

• View Profile
I hit a channel on Friday 12-13-2013 in the afternoon and got 5 crappie, 3 keepers and one was 12".  Not one gill but a couple taps from them.

Hit a creek today 12-16-2013 and caught one small gill.  Lots of marks on the Vex but no biters.  Some gills were bumping the jig.  I think the east wind had them with a severe case of lock jaw.  Shad were moving in right at dark, but no one stuck around after 6:00 PM.

Forecast looks pretty poor for a few days and may ruin the ice we do have which is iffy at best.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar