Ice Fish Ohio Forum

mosquito crappie and perch

capt scott

• View Profile
The fishing for perch and crappie this past weekend was good to say the least. i won't give specific locations away but if you fished on the northend you probably did good to great. seen a few pike caught also. the walleye's have been rare.(or have they ;D). didn't matter what tackle you where using as long as it had a minnow or just a head of one.bigger fish did seem to come from higher in the water column ;) I wouldn't go on the ice until we get another deep freeze. there was some shady spots when i came off today.

white ice

• View Profile
Whats up Scott.  The ice was turning to crap quick when Joe and I left.  Water was pouring down those holes and the ramp area was a total mess as well.  That drain under the boardwalk was dumping water in as fast as it could.  That crack was pretty shaky walkin' over it too.  When we were getting off there was a couple headin' out.  The girl could barely walk on the ice cause she had no cleats and neither one had rain gear or ice picks. Had to shake my head.  Couldn't see 50 yards out when we left with the fog.  I'm waiting this one out.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the reports. Keep us posted on the ice conditions.

Thanks,

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar