Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice condition

Bryan78

• View Profile
Has anyone checked the ice in any channels? I was thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow morning.

Salmonid

• View Profile
Bryan, let me know how it is, if its good Ill be up for sure Wed am.
Thanks
Salmonid

polarbear

• View Profile
If it isn't safe by the 1st then it will by Friday with temps in the single digits and even temps below zero. I'm itching to get out. To try out my first ever vex I just bought.

toadfish

• View Profile
shaded channels may be ok, but open lake is only about 1" thick where I live on the north side.  There is a lot of open water too. I would avoid any area with current or that are in the sun.  A couple days in the single digits that are in the forecast may just lock things in again.  I am not liking the snow on Thursday and rain/mix on Sunday.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bryan78

• View Profile
Change of plans for me. I tore my ankle open after rupturing my Achilles tendon and I have to go in for another surgery tomorrow to close it up. Bummer.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
damn that sucks bryan.  get better soon
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That really sucks!! :'( Hope you can get healed enough to get some time on the ice this season.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar