• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Any body know for sure the ice conditions at st mary's
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

toadfish

• View Profile
Yesterday evening there was only about 1" on the lake in front of my house on the north side.  Lots of open water too.  Hoping the cold with no snow will firm things back up.  I did not check thickness on channels.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
did some drive by while working today. saw lots of open water in some channels on the south side.  didnt get to the north side
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Basshawk

• View Profile
As of tuesday, channel on west side of andersons had almost 6 inches, channel on east side had 4 in the back and 1.5 outfront. Went to coldwater in the evening and pushed our luck gettin on 2.5 inches and never had a touch, but saw 1 get lost by another fisherman. Good luck and be very careful as we found good ice turn thin in very short distances.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
biggest tip I can give you on coldwater creek, if there is water going over the little beaver or the state opened it up on the bottom, the fish just aren't there or get locked jawed bad. You can believe me or not, but this is what I've found to be true

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
When it gets safe please let me know. I would like to come over and try for the walleye and perch. Do they still catch perch?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

toadfish

• View Profile
David,
Not many perch are being caught from what I have seen and heard.  State has been stocking about 100,000 perch the last couple years.  Walleyes are doing OK when you can find them and they bite.  Lots of crappie and gills, again if you can find them.

PM me if you want someone to fish with.  Pretty busy with kids activities and domestic duties but might be able to squeeze something in if I don't try Ferguson/Metzger in Lima.  Wednesday 1-8-2014 is about the only day open or Saturday 1-11-2014 after about 1:30.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bryan78

• View Profile
I'll probably drag my ass out tomorrow morning but not sure what I'll target. Probably try for crappies at Anderson's. If anyone wants to go along, my number is (419)204-7117. Text or call. The ice was a good 5-6" on Wednesday so I'm sure there's a little more by now. Just got a new cast on my leg Thursday and I'll need to rig up something to put over my foot so it doesn't fall off.

Pinnacle

• View Profile
Fished Andersons today AT 12-4 and caught 20 keeper Gills. Fished 6 FOW and had 5 inches of ice. No crappie though. caught probably 100 sum gills total

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the offers guys. I have to work on tuesday. I am going to hit Buckeye on Wednesday. The Saugeye are starting to bite.

Anyone wanting to go give me a call. 614-361-5548
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar