Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hitting it tomorrow

Bryan78

• View Profile
Had surgery to close up a gaping hole in my ankle today but my desire to fish will have me on the ice without being able to put a shoe or not on. I guess I'll wrap it up and keep it by my lantern to keep it warm. I hope the crappies will be hungry tomorrow. I'll post a report how the fishing is tomorrow sometime. Happy New year everyone.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good man!  I'm hoping to join the ranks of the fishing wounded Friday. So glad your surgery was successful!!  Hope you get a ton of crappies tomorrow. Keep us posted.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan78

• View Profile
I ruptured my Achilles' tendon back in the end of October, had a mishap a week and a half ago that resulted in a large rip at the bottom of my incision. Just had to get it sewn back together to make sure it didn't get infected. I try not to let anything keep me from fishing. I like this site a lot and have met a couple nice guys from here that I hope will end up being fishing buddies for years to come. Fishing is my passion. There's nothing I'd rather be doing. Good luck to you on Friday.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Good Luck and be safe.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

toadfish

• View Profile
Ice thickness varies greatly right now.  Anywhere from 5" clear to slush/skim/cloudy.  There might be 3" one place and 20 yards away could be only a skim.  Be VERY careful if you go.

I hope your recovery goes well Bryan78!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:36:35 AM by toadfish »
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar