Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The new Pulse

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
     If you run into me on the ice and look at what lures I carry you'll find more bladebaits than any other type.  I've gotten on the soapbox more than once on the effectiveness of blades during cold water periods.  I've caught more Walleyes and Saugeyes along with a generous sprinkling of crappies and perch do to the vibration of bladebaits.  Reef Runner Cicadas produce a high pitched vibration due to the cupped blade.  The Vibe became the most popular of the old style mid range vibration and many varied color combination.  In 2013 The Pulse By Flatline Lures put out a double tail that produced a deep vibration and high end quality paint jobs.  For 2014 a 3/16 has just hit the market and today I had the first chance to put them to the test.  I went to Indian Lake for some 1st of the year ice fishing.  They claimed 4" of ice at long island I found 2-1/2 cracking in not a good way ice.  So the guys I went with and I decided to hit some docks.  I'd love to say we slayed them somewhere on the lake but it was not to be.  The highlight of the day was four hours straight in the afternoon in which none of us could make the lure foul.  I've had fewer fouls with the 1/4iz than with other bladebaits but the 3/16 is practically infallable.  I won't say it can't be done but I didn't have one vertically jigging today.  When it's cold and your out on the ice not in a shelter wearing thick gloves the last thing you want to do is unfoul your lure.  This advantage alone will see me using these more and more.  Another big selling point is the saltwater hooks they are now using.  If you go home and forget to open the tackle boxes you won't lose these to rust. 
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I to will validate that. I fished for an hour on the docks and did not foul up the line in the hook.

I couldn't believe it and I told CRV that maybe it was just that one lure.

It sounds like his design helps this because I would guess the Vibe would foul up every 15 minutes.

Great Product.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like I've got something to do on the couch tomorrow.  I see some new lures in my future!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Got my first Pulse lure last weekend at the dock tournament can't wait to try it out as I have never used a blade bait and if they catch fish like people say I will be making a nice purchase of them from flatline.

Vexilar