Ice Fish Ohio Forum

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
If the temps hold thru next week there should be some good ice by next weekend. I hope to go over mid week maybe Wednesday or Thursday and check the ice. I'm thinkin it should be good though. I am really looking forward to iceing some crappie. If we get to go it will be the first time in 3 years to get on it. Water should be down and cleared up by then. I will post if I get over.

CFosterI

• View Profile
Checked the ice at the boat ramp around 4:30 p.m. today. The ice at the foot of the ramp is angled down about a foot. 3-4" thick cloudy ice. out about 3 feet at the edge of the level ice was a little thicker with black ice on the bottom. Pretty sure it would hold me to check out a little further but I was by myself and nobody else around so I didn't chance it. There are new 2' steel pillars they put in for the new docks. looks fishy to me. Anyone ever ice fish this. Any idea about the depth?

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I checked several places on the north west corner tonight and it had 5-6 inches on it some places had a little more. It had some cloudy on top but good clear on bottom. From what it can tell the majority of the lake should be good to go. Just be careful and spud your way as you go. I'm gonna try and go in the morn at the Howard rd boat ramp if anyone wants to go. I have to find minnows first tho. Nortons doesn't have any. I'll check this thread and post before I go.

jiggin junkie

• View Profile
I'm looking to get on delaware or alum friday. I will be getting off work around noon and heading to the ice right after I leave. Let me know if anyone wants to meet.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I fished a main lake channel ice was anywhere from 4-8 and was good solid ice. Marked some fish but only caugh one. Going back tomorrow to see if I can do any better

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Great deal!  I'm heading out Friday somewhere if you want to hook up.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I think im gonna head to killdeer if you wanna go

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
We didn't go to kill deer but hit del instead bite was decent but a lot of smallest did manage 4 keepers and got 1 more at alum in the afternoon for a total of 5. Ice was great anywhere from 6-8. Gonna try and head out somewhere Sun if possible just hoping that the rain doesn't run I'll ruin it.

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
hows the ice doing?
looking to fish it next week when we get back from up north.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ice is 5-6" and growing quickly. Fished it today and slammed so big gills. A lot of 8 and 9 with a few over 10". Going back tomorrow to find the crappie.

Vexilar