Ice Fish Ohio Forum

are the fish safe to eat on Grand Lake

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
Believe it's only during the warm months when there's blooms but no EPA speSorry suckert here lOL

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not a speSorry suckert either, but have spoken at length with biologists about this issue, as my local lake had blooms also. It's a hot weather thing, especially if there's a lot of sun.  Assuming no other water quality issues, your fish should be fine to eat.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I would like to see the test results on the fish liver, I know we don't eat the liver but if it's in there, it's got to be in the meat we eat.  When the state tells you to only eat 1 meal per week, then that should give you a red flag. btw 4 ounces is considered a meal.

toadfish

• View Profile
The state says the fish are OK to eat.  Even Lake Erie fish have some warnings on number of meals to eat.  Water looks good during winter, better than Laromie this year.  The state tested flesh in crappie for toxins and found none from fish in the late spring.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

fishin crazy

• View Profile
Just wonder if anybody has seen this? They say the fish are safe to eat.
Grand Lake St. Mary's Fish

let it freeze

• View Profile

Vexilar