Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice as far south as London, OH

Banker · 3 · 70098

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I was on 4-6 inches of ice just now on a lake I have tried to ice fish for 3 seasons now unuccesfully. Madison Lake is frozen and so is the Big Darby river and everything near my house in Grove City. Too bad the rain is going to try and spoil my fun down here. Was nice to mark another lake off the list of lakes to ice fish in Ohio list.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I was on 4-6 inches of ice just now on a lake I have tried to ice fish for 3 seasons now unsuccessfully. Madison Lake is frozen and so is the Big Darby river and everything near my house in Grove City. Too bad the rain is going to try and spoil my fun down here. Was nice to mark another lake off the list of lakes to ice fish in Ohio list.

I didn't fish, but I did check it out last night and it still looks good 5" (estimate) i didn't have an auger just an ice chisel. I walked out to the chanel area from the island and still good.
Now what? where do i go? to catch massive crappies?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
As it is with most dammed up resevoirs the closest you get to the channel on the west side the better. If you can get on ice on the west side close to current near some downed trees you should clean up..problem is ice is shifty near current. Nice thing is the water usually doesn't move too quick in Madison. The bad news is it was when I posted the 4-6 inches. The dam was roaring.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar