Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Twin Lakes

GovBarney

• View Profile
Anyone been to Twin Lakes yet , might finally have some time to ice fish this weekend , hoping there is some good solid ice on it , and the Crappie and gills are biting.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I wouldn't count on it the scioto north of osahy is rockin from the rain and runoff it's up close to 4 ft

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
It isn't safe, its broken up and floating away as we speak.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

GovBarney

• View Profile
Thanks for the updates. Looks like I will be hitting ponds instead then.

GovBarney

• View Profile
I fished Twin Lakes (off of O'Shay) for 5 hrs today. Ice was a solid 6-7 inches , but the water was very muddy everywhere . Not one bite all day, was using a jig and maggot combo.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
With the water flowing into TL I'm surprised the ice was good.  Hopefully it clears some.  I've wanted to fish there for a while and it's close for me as well.

GovBarney

• View Profile
yea it was good solid ice , and for the most part it was clear , but the closer you got to the main reservoir the more cloudy the ice was , but still thick. I was marking fish in just about every whole at the 7-5ft mark in around 15-20 ft of water, but they had complete lock jaw.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
How far out did you go?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

GovBarney

• View Profile
i walked all the way past the building with the kayaks , right past the first curve.

GovBarney

• View Profile
Going to give Twin Lakes another try this weekend , anyone been out there this week?

Vexilar