Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/20

muskarp

• View Profile
Fished from almost sunrise until sunset. Pulled 1 12" crappie, 1 15" walleye, 1 12" cat, 1 16" cat (silly thing was suspended 7' over 14', thought it was another crappie) and 1 7" perch. That was my first ever trip. Not sure I'll ever try it again. Didn't seem to be many of fish in there. Popped probably 30-40 holes tried depths from 6' to 25', 14'-17' seemed to have the only activity. Fish only responded if you ripped the bait away. If the had time to look they passed.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
You did better than I did the last time I've been there. I fished it three times this year and each time was a skunk. What par to the lake did you fish? What did you get them on?

muskarp

• View Profile
South side- (14' crappie on a tip-up, 24' cat on panfish jig and spikes) s/e side- ( 17' perch, walleye on panfish jig, 14' cat on Zipper)

I forgot how much fun it is to drag a sled full of 6 tip-ups, electronics, 6 rods, tackle, minnow bucket and gas auger over a dike full of riprap. ??? Today reminded me. I'm good for the year. Sure I'll forget next year. Use the ramp!!!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Yep it sucks! I'm gonna wait for a while and go back up. The se corner is about the only place I haven't tried up there. That and the deep deep hole in the sw corner. I'm sure I'll be back up before ice is off. I like fishing it in open water we do pretty decent. I want to figure the perch out up there. I know there are some big ones. Same w eyes have done ok on eyes but never found any monsters.

Vexilar