Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Report 1/21/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Talked to a friend this morning that fished Atwood yesterday. He was hoping I could go today, but this flu sucks, stuck in the house. He said they were getting crappies in the channel by the boathouse. They were fishing in 10 fow, with the fish in the 5-6' range suspended off the bottom. They were using minnows and said they were light biters, really had to work to get them.  He didn't say lure color or presentation.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

E- man

• View Profile
Where can you get minnows around Atwood,& what boathouse are you referring to? Going to try to get out tomorrow 23rd. Haven't fished Atwood in a few years. Used to do well near the dam for crappies. Would like to try for some saugeyes near the dam too. fished several years ago across from lodge only caught small crappies there. New to site but will let you know results. Forgot most important thing! How much ice? Thanks!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ice was 5-6" and I said boathouse but meant lodge. The dam area is where I like to fish there, good points and drop offs. Not sure about minnows, I get them at top-of-the-mark drive thru by my house on the way down to the lake. They have bait year round.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

E- man

• View Profile
Thanks for the info Slabslayer. Hope you get to feeling better!! Looks like a good long ice fishing season for a change. Don't rush getting out in this cold air, you don't need a relapse!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the warning, doc said same thing, this can turn into pneumonia very easily. I'm going to lay low until next week. I still have a fever and don't want to push it. Ice will be here for a long time now, into March I'd think for sure!!

Team Wilcraft!

fishsee5

• View Profile
You can get bait at the Townhouse Drive Thru in Somerdale located on 212. They always have minnows and waxies.

Vexilar