Ice Fish Ohio Forum

whites landing area

waltrip33 · 11 · 20653

waltrip33

• View Profile
any report of perch in the whites landing area

whitefishbay

• View Profile
I heard there getting a few in closes to the shore between first spring and the point but I haven't been out yet so I haven't posted. But I no there some big perch waiting to be caught. Minnows are the hot bait on the bay if was stained but the river is back down so should start to clean up and the bite will be on. I like to run and gun and this old guy justs waiting on some warmer weather before I go to bay.. ;D
Beavercreek Res. West Harbor, Lake Erie Area, NW Ohio Res.

eyeguy1

• View Profile
Whites is a muddy mess for the past 3 weeks . Bet it will be another month before its clean enough to be fishable .

Dale

whitefishbay

• View Profile
Muddy or not ive seen perch caught there this past week and nice ones but I haven't seen a limit either 10 to 15 fish 8 to 12 inches once it gets a little warmer ill be out there.

eyeguy1

• View Profile
Whitefish , did you see them or hear about them ?  two post by you stating different things here . I for one will say I was up there 2 days in a row this week on the ice talking to about 40 different people and there was a total of 0 fish caught between them when I talked to them those 2 days . Same results for the Bay Bridge area .

Dale

whitefishbay

• View Profile
yes ive seen them seen 10 nice one a friend had this morning he only could fish two hours... we was going to go but decided on a marina up at the lake wish we had went to bay  but glad I wasn't on bay when that wind pick up around 5 pm.. that was wild

whitefishbay

• View Profile
Went to Whites Landing today fished the first spring area around 10 inches of ice water is a little stain but visable to a fish. We caught 19 perch on shiners and jigging raps from 11 am till 4 pm slower bite today yesterday was good from what the local told me. Should be a good bite this weekend if we get warmer weather. Fish ran 7 to 10 inches.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Thanks for the report! Keep at em!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

fishin technician

• View Profile
Have not been out yet, looking for the best bite.  What is the ice condition on bay?

pdfish

• View Profile
I was out Tuesday before snow and ice was good, 10-12", caught 10 nice perch in couple hours, slow bite. fished the first spring. Saw a group right on the spring they had a bunch of bullheads.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
First spring has been producing a few perch and crappies this year. One big crack on way out is a little sketchy. Spud your way out.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar