Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tough bite

plantguy

• View Profile
Last 2 times out (Sun. and Tues) bite has been tough. Slayed them a week ago and since not much. A few perch tues and have seen just a few crappie etc. caught. Moved as much as I could drilled 16 to 18 inch ice tired my old ass out.  Been a lot of guys out. May have to head back over to Charles Mill.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am thinking of heading here tomorrow. any suggestions on were to fish and is the whole lake frozen over?

plantguy

• View Profile
I would never say the whole lake is frozen over.  Get up close to the tower at the damn end or mess around by the mouth of the river and I am sure you will go in. Mid lake down to damn ice has been thick always check your own ice.  I have been working the area out from lodge point over to boat club and cabin area drilling old river channel 12-14fow. Think I need to get a bit deeper. If you can find minnies get them. I net my own but am all out at moment. I like to move about thick ice tough drillin tho so that has limited me.  Many times I will punch 30 holes but ice kickin my butt now and only got 10 last time out. Gas auger would be great or maybe try to make one out of cordless drill.  Been a lot of guys out in this area fish just got lock jaw all of a sudden (at least for me). Look for the snowman if it is still standing and try that area for perch.

Critter Getter

• View Profile
I have a gas auger will drill holes for a little advice never did well at p-hill through the ice but do well spring-fall

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Guess I will give it a try and if anything will make markings for when the water goes back up so I can have some ref. points for eyes and other fish on structure. Will report back if I score any fish.

SlipKnot

• View Profile
Can you drive back into marina area, or is it closed off
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Yes you can by the marina but not much to see as it real real real low and there is a small channel running through the area where the fishing pier is.

Vexilar