Ice Fish Ohio Forum

not a bad day on the ice

wis2ohio · 17 · 14647

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I fished Shreve Lake bout 1130- 1 today caught some gills,channel cats and a bass. Then went to Pleasant till 6 pm fishing started real slow but picked up real fast with nice size gills and a few perch. Threw back several smaller gills and perch was down by the snowman that's by the resort. Had several fish marked higher up but wouldn't bite they just swam through.

plantguy

• View Profile
Good to here the report. I thought yesterday would be good as I seem to have done better when there has been a bit of sun.  The fish that moved thru most likely school of shad as I have seen them with camera. Hope to get out late today. Also some crappie in that area.

SlipKnot

• View Profile
Hey Wis2ohio ,Yes it was a nice day on the ice, I appreciate all your help off the ice, not as young as once was , it was nice to have met you, sure we'll meet again
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

wis2ohio

• View Profile
No problem Tony anytime. I am sure we will meet on the ice again, I am hoping to get out again in a few weeks on a Thurs again.

SlipKnot

• View Profile
You ever do any trout fishing on clearfork river out of Belleville? Light spinning tackle, waders, good fishing , 12"- 18" fish . A nice sunny day 25/30 degree can catch 8-10 fish, not many around do it, lot of guys fly fish , but I like light spinning tackle
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I have not done any trout fishing around here. Last time I was trout fishing was in my younger days.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I use to wade the Mohican before it had trout back in the day. We would park down at the covered bridge and wade all the way to rt3 an back. Lotta nice smallies in that stretch. With an ocasional saugeye and crappie. But that was a few yrs back.

SlipKnot

• View Profile
Never did well in Mohican river, I here about Lot of trout being takin from there, lot of fly fishermen, I think it gets hit hard
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I normally wade/float kokosing river. I have fished the dam at mohican but never waded it thinking I need to make a few walks this summer .

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
guess i should have went there today. went to knox instead. really slow. 1 cat and 2 gills in 6 hours.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I will probably be at pleasant tomorrow evening with my 4 kids in hopes they will get in to some nice fish.

SlipKnot

• View Profile
Hey Wis2ohio what kind of shanty do you have, seem to go up fast for ya, liked the door on the end
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

SlipKnot

• View Profile
That's funny, I thought about taking my newf tomarrow, he's 13, you'll  need a bigger shanty
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

wis2ohio

• View Profile
mine is a hunting blind made by ameristep think it's the dog house blind runs maybe 60-75 dollars. Only problem I had was trying to keep it from blowing away didn't have my anchors with me that day.

I have twins boys that are 12, one boy who's 8 and daughter who's 6. If you go will you be in the same area pending parking location?

SlipKnot

• View Profile
Truck wouldn't start all day today, have to try to get it running, if things work out and I get it goin, I'll be in same area
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

Vexilar