Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/7/14 good fishing!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit Nimi this morning and resumed my hunt for one of the sunken bridges.  Searched over 4 hours total, fell on my head, and this morning we FOUND IT!!!!!!!!  Still standing, looks really wild on the camera!  Thanks steeleneyes for helping me find it!!  Dropped down and was hitting fish instantly: decent crappies, gills, and some very large catfish.  Yes, catfish!!  ;D  Getting them with jigging spoons dropped to the bottom then ripped up thru the fish and jiggled then slowly dropped.  They hit on the fall.  Think we stumbled onto a good spot!  Will post pics later.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dude that rocks im goin there tomm  can you or will ya p m me a general location so I can save some drilling , its getting rough drilling lately...or even better lets go out there tomm...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Damn I really wanted to get out with you guys. There is another one out there also!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
persuader if your headed there sat ( tomm) maybe I can see ys there.    8)  and drill some fish    8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think there's 5 or 6, but only found 1.  Here are the pics!  Snowcone, I'll pm you in a few.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

trapperjon

• View Profile
Were you using navionics ?  Seen the bridges on it and was wondering how accurate it was,   Side note .. Navionics on skeeter look impressive , colvert pipes,bridges , ect

JigJigJig...

• View Profile
I wanted to try one or more of these bridges myself. Maybe this navionics app can put me on one but the app looked too cool to pass up. I want to try and find the one in deep water. Has anyone ventured across the ice over the deeper sections of the lake, 25-30 fow? Just wondered how thick the ice was over these deeper spots.
RCV

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D kudos ;D. Slab . Nimi is a good fishery and when your into the fish its a great day . I love that lake . With all you've gone through this season you deserved a good day on the ice .
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:10:29 PM by Luvztaphish »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Navionics gets you close, but there's no substitute for a gas drill!  The ice is over 12" thick even over 25 feet.

Team Wilcraft!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
O man sounds like I will for a world of hurting during the tournament as I only have a hand auger and 12 in of ice is going to be lots of fun drilling.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you have a cordless drill at home you can buy an adapter kit for around $20.  I've talked to several guys who love them. On 2 fully charged batteries they tell me you can get around 30-40 holes, and that was this past Thursday, the ice was 12". May be worth looking into.

Team Wilcraft!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Not sure it will do good with an 8in auger. Will just try by hand.

Chilly willy

• View Profile
I don't know about the cordless drill ........ I took a dewalt 18 volt with 3 fully charged batteries and only got 3 holes drilled I have a 6 inch auger . Maybe my batteries are getting old but I drilled 3 holes at Berlin and it was about 12-13 inches . I was disappointed in the results I got from the drill . Went to moggy to test on Thursday and drilled a hole in 7 seconds it was 10-11 inches . Is the ice that much different in the 2 lakes ???? Thought I had it figured out and would not need to buy a gas auger !

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There are options, but nothing is quite like gas.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar