Ice Fish Ohio Forum

atwood help

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
planning a trip to atwood tuesday 2-18-14,going to the dam area off rt.212 I will be targeting saugeye,i will be taking blade baits,spoons,jigging raps,etc.for bait i plan on taking minnows and waxies,is this the preferrerd area to fish? never been here befor looking for some tips and techniques from other members who have fished this lake befor your input will be much appreciated,thanks guys,Holehopper ???
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

E- man

• View Profile
Fished near the dam a couple weeks ago. A couple small crappie. Did mark fish. You have the right baits to target crappie bluegill & the elusive saugeye. There's a "hole" straight out from water supply pipe E. of ramp.24' deep. Try the S. edge of this in about 18'. I marked a lot of fish there. Just couldn't get them to bite.A lot of guys hit the area across from the lodge. The old railroad bed. They target mostly crappie and bluegill here. Have had guys tell me some saugeye are caught while crappie fishing. East end of beach area I've been told holds some saugeyes. Watch where you drill. Don't try to drill dirty ice. It will take the edge right off your auger. Good luck  :)

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Thank you for the advice E-man,now i have a place to start at. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

freakofnature13

• View Profile
For saugeye work the beach area..the key here is shallow.. sand. 7fow can be good. Especially this time of year. Jiggin raps and pimples minnows or half minnows. Morning and evening. Drill a few holes as u will scatter them sit tight and be confident they will show up. My dad has got a few at the lodge point on vibee s and cicadas.

Vexilar