Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/16/14

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Fished from 8:30 - 3:00. Fished from 4 fow to 25 fow. Water stained and bite was slow, lots of lookers but few takers. 1- 20" catfish and kept 4 crappie.  Released 2 crappie and 4 small gills. Cat on minnow 15 ft deep in 25 fow. Crappie 10 ft deep in 18 fow couple on yellow/green teardrop with double flutter blades and waxies. Couple on perch tungsten tipped with poly tail (pink). They didn't want much movement, just slight quiver on poly tail. 12" of ice.
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

alwayscatchin

• View Profile
been up since warm weather???  was up right before and caught again on the same hole...  not as good but still good fish planning to hit it again this coming week, anything about current ice.  guessing still good but havent't been up.   found more fish hitting teardrop glow jig tipped with waxworm.  lot of lookers as expected late ice.   

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Haven't been out since. Been out of town working. Won't go tomorrow with snow front coming again, another 3 to 6 inches. Thinking of heading to Harrison Lake next weekend. Buddy was there today and marked a town of fish in downed trees. Lots of lookers but no takers in 12 fow, they didn't have minnows and locked up with front coming in. Supposedly crappies and fish in general are back up since the restocking about 10 years ago after draining and dam work. Used to be great. Going to check out and will report under that lake. Word from DNR says they don't have a plow for their new truck and won't contract to plow Barton and McKarns, so those are out of access until snow melts. Approx. 18 inches of ice on Harrison.
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

alwayscatchin

• View Profile
Have fished there 2 times this winter and caught nothing but small gills..  Personally wouldn't waste my time there again, but if you go, hope you find something better than I did.  Tried minnows wax worm and jigs, marked more giant schools of Shad than anything. 

Was at nettle yesterday had a great day on crappie and gills,  water a little murky but didn't seem to matter,  25 fow...my usual.  Minnows on dead stick and wax worms jigging .  Biggest average fish and six better fish than any others I've caught there this year.  16 to 18 inches ice.

Vexilar