Ice Fish Ohio Forum

big perch from lake mohawk 2-19-14

freakofnature13

• View Profile
15 and 1/4 inch perch i caught on 2-19-14 the fish weighed close to 2.6 lbs..caught on lake mohawk using a number 3 gold swedish pimple tipped w a minnow head in 17 fow.. we have been on a large school of feeding jumbos from 10 to 15 inchs with numerous 14inchers. They are on the move daily staying on the moving school is the hardest part. Keep mobile right now

Treble

• View Profile
Drill drill drill..... That's a beauty bro. Come get the anger if u want. Jeep down, im stuck at home for a few days. It needs a spark plug.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Dude!!  That's impressive!! Nice catch!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
That is a beautiful perch man,pigs of that size are hard to find, congratulations
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

creekcrawler

• View Profile
Did you know the state record is 2 5/8#?
That one is close!

I'm guessing Mohawk is a private lake from what I looked up?

fishdealer04

• View Profile
What a monster!  I would love to catch a perch that big...I caught a 12.25 incher this year and thought it was a monster haha just a baby compared to that guy.  Congrats!

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Thanks everyone..it was a catch of a lifetime. Evrything has to be perfect for those sumo perch. The perch are spawning here. 99% of the fish we are catching right now are small males.. their milting a lot more then last week and no females to be found. Isolated areas in water in 9 to 12 fow is stirred up my guess is their doing their thing.

z400wolverine

• View Profile
I know this is a old post,but did we talk the other week when we could holehop and you came down one side and went up the other,and told me about the cats at Atwood?That is a beast!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you the perch ninja ..... 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar