Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fell In: North Rez/Port Lks., Thursday 3pm

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep.... STUPID, STUPID STUPID!

Fished Weds, Thurs & Friday at North.

Weds, went out from State Mill Rd with my son, Nathan to the Crappie Hole next to the small island. Windy, stormy, slushly., was shocked to find the ice was only 3-4" thick. Scared... didnt move at all. only stayed an hour and both of us called it a day. 1 Dink Gill

Thursday afternoon, 3pm., decided to give it another try., saw a shanty between the islands near the pipe.., thought I'd walk out from where Nathan & were the day before.... NOPE!! Went thru up to my thighs... got out, wet, but still decided to fish... drove around to the ODNR Dist 3 entrance and parked. Nathan showed up along with his cousins, Derrick & Dave along with Dave's kids (Lexy & Ian). It was there first time ice fishing. Despite the temps in the teens, the kids had a ball inside the Clam Nanook with its LED Lights, Mr. Buddy Heater & hot chocolate.
Dink Gills, dink crapppie, 2 nice bass & 1 White Perch.

Friday, Fished between the islands. Mousejam James & Bobberbucket Dave showed up. Very slow... called it a day at noon.

The last handful of times on the ice have been busts for me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:49:18 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
if I knew ya had hot chocolate I might have came out and looked for ya    hahahahh ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, ice is getting like swiss cheese.  I know better then to venture out solo this late in the season.  It wont happen again.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
glad your ok I have went thru myself...bbbrrrrrr.....I went over 2 wingfoot today and the ice was so bad looking I didn't even try...and I had just been at moggy fishing with 4-8"  :-\ 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar