Ice Fish Ohio Forum

erie at lorain

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey guys went up 2  lorain with my bud jon , it was beautiful couple weeks ago and hundreds of wally boats . the tournament had everyone drifting, trolling, it was like a parking lot, :P :P  but the eyes really turned on for us after most of the boats had gone.. 8) you couldn't get a perch report.....but we moved into shore from 55 ft towards the water plant started marking a lot of nice fish. my bud jon ties his own tackle so we tied on some pink crawler harnesses with 3\8 oz  about 50-70 yds backs and drifted across 38 ft of water from e to w out from the reef. next thing ya know we couldn't keep 4 rods in the water ,  ;D ;D lost 4 hogs at the boat and took home 9 fish avg 8 lb .. my hats off to jon and his blurred lines tackle,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow!   That's awesome!   I'm jealous. Still haven't got my Ranger out yet. Russ and I just finished the lower unit today. Hoping to go this weekend. Glad you're feeling better and got some hogs!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx for the get well joel, im pretty much house pet for a long while after surgery...I hope you get that boat running soon buddy , and after I recover maybe you would like 2 head up to erie with me and catch some fish , my boat misses me  hahahahah  good luck .....looking forward to your posts.. I saw ya on ogf that's my summer haunt .......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar