Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Small lake walleye?

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
My 12' Jon boat is too small to take on the Great Erie, what are some good spots within an hour of Medina that have good walleye fishing? And what's good tactics, haven't don't real good with trolling spoons and harmesses
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
The inland walleye bite is tuff to say the least! I'm not sure bout the drive time but mosquito res., Berlin res., west branch res, even nimissila are stocked annually with walleye. Some techniques I've tried are drifting or trolling slow death rigs or crawler harnesses, also vibes or pulse lures jigged in the shallows early morn or late eve
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Also trolling and casting crankbaits can be good. I've got a lot of walleye while bass fishing by crankbaits. As for the lakes is what he said. Maybe someone from your area can weigh in with helpful info for lakes closer to you. Pleasant Hill is the one that comes to mind, but you'll have to either ask or do Internet research to see if walleye are in the lake in catchable numbers.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

spillway

• View Profile
I have fished Pleasant Hill for many years. You can catch Saugeye off the beach area, early morning and evenings are the best. I have also caught Bass Large and Smallmouth and some nice size Wipers in the same area. Also weekdays are best, it sometimes gets a little busy on the weekends. You can also catch Saugeye below the dam along with about anything else that swims.
Good Luck.

Ed

Vexilar