Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Youth Ice Fishing Tournament

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Jim (futurestrader) called me today and in the course of conversation an idea was born. We're thinking of doing a youth ice fishing tournament in February. He's working on the details and specifics. Us adults will help and organize but only the youth can weigh in fish. He said he has a group of 20 or so who want to come.

QUESTION:  How many IFOers or their kids would be interested in helping out (adults) or fishing (youths)?

This event will take place in NE Ohio and WILL NOT replace the kids event that Ryan (ratherbefishing) usually puts on every year.

We'll post more details as this event comes together.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
You got my help slab keep me informed
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks! Will do.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great Idea and Jim will be a great help as he works a lot to introduce kids to fishing.

We will have to work on the date to make sure it doesnt land on the mosquito event and the Columbus Fishing Expo February 13-15.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I will have at least 2 kids interested possibly more. I think my sons boy scout group needs an ice fishing badge but I will double check on that. If I know at least 2 months in advance I will be there depending on my schooling and all but I should be there.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I'm thinking Wallace Lake in Berea and the head of the Metroparks will tell me the week before they release the trout in.  That way I can check the ice all week and then make sure it is strong and have all the shanties set up that morning and grill hot dogs during the day.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Any more plans for this youth event? I think it is important a a great idea! Let me know!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I am working on a big event at Wallace Lake with the Indian Guides and about 30 kids.  Just need to get the dates in order when they are releasing the trout and conditions.

Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Probably the release date will be in Feb.  I will keep everyone posted
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D Fantastic idea , I would like to help out  .  Promoting fishing to our youth is great plan .

ML

• View Profile
I have 2 that would probably love it! Keep us posted - Thanks!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I would like to plan the event again for this year at Wallace Lake in Berea, OH when they release the trout.  It is usually the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. when ice conditions permit.  The trout are released by the Cleveland Metroparks and I can find out the specific day so we can plan the event accordingly.  Anyone who wants to help or wants to enter their kids just post here and we will get it up and going.  They have grills there to cook hot dogs for the kids etc.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar