Ice Fish Ohio Forum

shared thoughts

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well guys its now mid september and cooler temps are on the way! We creep ever closer to the start of a new season of ice fishing . Let me ask you,my fellow icemen what does icefishohio do for you? Are things on the site informative? Are they entertaining? What would you change? What would you like to see on the site? Please share some thoughts. We are all icefishohio so speak up and we can work together and bring some ideas to life!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea Nate, I like this thread. Hope we can get some ideas. I'll think on it too.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great Thread! I am getting into the mood and will be updating the site this week. Lets get this party started!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wis2ohio

• View Profile
For me this sight lets me connect with other that enjoy the love of icefishing and gives me reports on lakes that I have never fished before and gives me ideas on what places I would like to visit. I also enjoy others ideas for sleds or any other mods that can be made for shanty setups.

Not sure how hard it would be or how long it would take but a suggestion would be to make a county setup and post lakes my counties or regions kind of like they have the hunting regs books, make a thread just for dealers that are having special offers/deals on products, a  list of all bait shops in the counties/regions.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input wis! Making a list of bait shops would be an endless task because so many start up and then dissappear! I will look into classifying lakes by region or county that sounds doable and might already exist!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D I need more info on catching channel cats through the ice . just kidding . ::)

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Actually my friend i was gonna ask you to hold a seminar this fall on ice whiskars after the performance at the nimi tournament last year. Your plot of ice looked like a crime scene! You really slaughtered the cats that day! :-) to bad it was a panfish tournament
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
I really enjoy the site. The sharing of ideas and what fish are biting where helps me decide where to fish. Being able to post on individual lakes makes it easy to check the lakes I am interested in fishing. More result posts, whether positive or negative, would be nice but overall, the site is great.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
It's ice fishing, it's simply amazing, how can you go wrong :D
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Splitting lakes up by count would take some work.

I would prefer to keep the lake list in alphabetical order. If anyone has a lake to ad just send me the name and i can ad it to the board.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
its for me the closest you can get to being on another planet, just imagine harsh dangerous environment rough terrain, blowing freezing wind, dragging a sled thru deep snow, or across a lake that is smooth as glass. loading and unloading a bunch of equipt ::) but wait there is still the breaking thru the ice and getting miserably wet. :P possibility   hahahahahah     yessssss   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ability to add more than 4 pics per reply would be nice
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

steelneyes

• View Profile
Is there any way to easily show someone's location on the left side next in the profile info when they post?  Since the weather and conditions vary so much by location it would be nice to glance over and know if someone is in Cleveland or Columbus area etc. without having to go to their profile page.  Plus I made 4 new friends on here that all live within a half hour from me, it's all about building a network, meeting new people, staying safe and catching some fish.  Of course if you don't fill in your location it could stay private like it already can on the profile page in case you are some sort of federal agent, or stealthy fish charmer.  But then again those people are more likely to lurk than join and post anyway. 
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I will check on the pictures to see if we can increase it.

I think that each individual can add where they are from in their profile and it should show up under there picture. Will have to check that though.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar