Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Score to settle!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
After not catching a walleye here last year, I have a score to settle this year!  Went to Berlin twice last year and no walleye, just small gills and some crappie. This year I want some eyes!   Can't wait to get some this time, walleye thru the ice taste so good!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab, that is a hit and miss place, I like fishing when the lake is really low  :D  it gives you better odds ... im still mad at berlin because of last year myself.. even as well as I know that lake it still treated me bad last year ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes the walleye always give me the finger there!  I can get bass, Crappie, and gills there pretty regularly but walleye are tough. I know a couple good spots, but the ice had to be really thick because they're sketchy at best with thin ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well hit me up and maybe between the 2 of us we might find some eyes. :P   im definitely hitting up Milton this ice. u goin ?he ehe ehe

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Never hit Milton thru the ice and only once in soft water. I'd be game for both! ! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
If milton has the elusive whiskered walleye im game!!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
speaking of whiskered walleyes, lately I have been getting some big cats at moggy,  I was getting them on crank baits up by the dam , but since the water is cooling down been hittin bait drifting..

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Ohio has a extremely aggressive channel cat stocking procedure so its not surprising! We have caught some monsters on crawler harnesses,caught one so big at nimi barely got it through an 8" hole
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
the odnr is stocking 2 many cats, if I was going to mass stock fish it would be perch. it seems like im always catching cats , more so than ever.    eewwww    I hope this is not a trend...hahahahah   

Vexilar