Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Safe ice

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 :'( Drove around the lake today and the only ice I could find was in my Pepsi cup. But Im still hopeful that it will happen soon.There was something on the ice in the cup ,I checked to see if it was Slab trying to extend the season. ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:37:09 PM by Luvztaphish »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's too funny! ! ;D  I can't wait to get on the ice!  And yes, I'll be floating on my tiny berg as soon as it will hold me up and again at the end of the season as snowcone picks me up with his boat! ! :o ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
now guys that's funny, I needed a laugh because I winterized my boat today , now I rely on my 12 ftr for the stretch to ice...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:28:22 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too. The rowboat is all I have now too! :-\  But have been getting some monster crappie at Walborn. I'll post some pics later.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
walborn ,  have you guys picked any perch from there, maybe I will give it a shot next few days ..or when the wind n rain let me...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No, but have been really on the crappies. Some 13" plus fish. I've been getting them on chartreuce road runners in the 1/16 ounce size. No live bait or plastic trailers. Just the lure fished almost ice fishing style.

Team Wilcraft!

gillhunter

• View Profile
There was a little skim on the retention pond by my work this morning. Reminded me to check on the site. I haven’t been fishing since August. Been chasin’ deer around. Hope I get some meat in the freezer soon, so when the ice comes I won’t be torn between fishing and hunting. I guess there are worse problems to have!

toadfish

• View Profile

I stood on the ice yesterday 11-14-2014.  It was a puddle on asphalt that had frozen solid.  I did see a small pond completely covered with skim ice.  Lake Erie water temp is 45 at the water intake at Toledo.  It won't be very long now before we are able to walk on the water.  Earliest I remember seeing skim ice completely covering a pond was last year on Thanksgiving day.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

gillhunter

• View Profile
My pond is frozen over and will hold a goose! Its only 6' deep though. If the weather stays like this, I bet we will be out there in early December again.

Vexilar