Ice Fish Ohio Forum

mogadore report

fishingful

• View Profile
Checked out CLR and palm. CLR had about 2.5-3 inches by the dock. About 60 yards out it looked like a secondary freez . Both sides locked up.

Palm had more ice about 3-3.5. Someone drilled a hole and I spuded 1. At least I got to stand on the water. I would guess palm would be fishable tommrow with the cold tonight. I checked out wingfoot too will post in that area.

Pics tomorrow. Can't get them off my phone.

trapperjon

• View Profile
thx for the update jim,  I lost your # when my old phone got destroyed. thinking about trying somewhere Saturday if it happens i'll shoot ya a PM.   JON

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome start but still looks a little sketchy.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Went from 10% ice to 95% ice in the last 2 days. I hunted CLR Monday and had my decoys freezing in throughout the morning. Scouted the main lake yesterday and had a hunch not to go hunt this morning and hit the river for trout. Almost the whole lake froze overnight.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!   Which river did you hit for trout?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

trapperjon

• View Profile
checked out moggie today 12/31.  popped a hole at clr off of dock, had 2in of clear HARD ice but open water along north shore, palm rd was locked in shore to shore with same thickness, went to lansinger rd and there was lots of ice and lots of open water, most bays had 1 to 1 1/2" crappie bay off sunnybrook was mostly open,   it seemed kinda strange how the ice was forming. areas that had open water usually freeze first and areas with ice should have been open,  ??? ???  especially main lake area,  JON

trapperjon

• View Profile
got onto palm rd yesterday 1/1/15,  had close to 3" of VERY clear hard ice, it was really cool walking around looking at the bottom. only caught a 4" bass, real surprised that I even got him,

Hammerman

• View Profile

trapperjon

• View Profile
crap... got all excited when I seen some posted under moggie report,  just to find that someone else is wondering the same thing,  them roadbeds are a callin' me...... here perchy perchy 

snag

• View Profile
I did a drive-by yesterday at Palm and Congress Lake Rds.  Palm was completely locked as well as the east side of Congress Lake Rd.  The west side of Congress Lake had an open spot at the culvert.     

fishingful

• View Profile
I cant get out there until after work tomorrow to check. I am sure it made ice last night. It was clear, calm and cold in Suffield last night. I live about 2 miles from the lake.

FreezyP

• View Profile
Hey fellas not ti familiar with moggy; what is clr??

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's an abbreviation for Congress Lake Road.  :)

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar