Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Green Bay walleyes and Whitefish??

Salmonid

• View Profile
Me and some buddy's are booked with legendary Ice Guide Bret Alexander for a 2 day trip in January to fish on Green Bay, looking for walleyes early and late and then whitefish in mid day. Really looking forward to it, anyone ever fished for whitefish or in Green Bay before?? any tips? will be sure to post a report once we get back. Im totally stoked about it after trying to do this trip last year but never made it. 

Salmonid

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
I did Sturgeon Bay which is just north of Green Bay last year. See "Sturgeon Bay" in this same category for a detailed play by play. It was awesome and I had a blast. You won't need a guide for the Whitefish as they are plentiful. Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about your trip.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
don't forget pics  ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Salmonid

• View Profile
Hardwater that was a great read, thanks, Ive found several other similar posts around the web, we are doing the guide this time but will prob try a late season trip unguided, keep me in mind if you go and are looking for a seat filler.

Salmonid

Vexilar