Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1st trip

yeti · 5 · 6339

yeti

• View Profile
We are thinking of trying here the weekend of 2/20 assuming conditions hold. Do we need PA license to fish here or do we just need to make sure we are on the OH side? Also any general recommendations on locations and local bait shops would be appreciated.  We are also considering Mosquito. Any thoughts on which is better/preferred? Thanks!

E- man

• View Profile
If you don't know Pymatuning to well I'd pick mosquito. A little easier seeing where guys fish. Not sure on license. Fished pymi few years ago parked on Pa side and didn't have any issues. Did meet a hostile type on the ice (from Pa) that tried to scare me off by saying I'd get fined if I had fish on Pa ground when I left the ice. I called odnar and was told at that time what I was doing was fine. Might want to check it out though.Good luck, either place has some good fishing.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You can fish anywhere on the lake.   You would only need a PA license if you fish from shore on the PA side.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

CrapPie

• View Profile
Both states license are reconized on the lake. meaning one or the other is fine. I know by boat you must have a fishing license from the state you launch and load your boat but the whole lake is fair game on the water.With that said I would recamend having the license from the state you are walking in on also
,to save yourself any trouble from the DNR. another note you might wanna know is only 5 fishing devices per person on the lake. meaning rods,tip ups, or handlines in any combination. and holes may note exceed 10inches...that 10inch hole rule rises a question im going to ask in general disgusion. Hope this helps.

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/pymatuning.html

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep I have walked out from the pa side many times out from the water tower, check the pymi posts on conditions and where fish are
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar