Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Do not click here banner

Fisnfool

• View Profile
I keep getting a Do not click here banner on the right side edge of the screen.

On my phone, when I zoom in to increase text size, this blocks much of the thread and the other ads.  Is there a way to block it?

See  PC monitor partial screen shot, not zoomed in.
When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not sure. I can try to find out.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
if you click the do not click here it will open a question to answer if you get it right you can add suggestions on how to improve the fish ohio site....happy fishin
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Fisnfool

• View Profile
if you click the do not click here it will open a question to answer if you get it right you can add suggestions on how to improve the fish ohio site....happy fishin

Actually it is an ad for AIMBOX.  When you submit an idea and give your email, it registers you to an AIMBOX account and offers to promote your idea for a small fee.

Even if you do not pay a fee, it creates an AIMBOX account for you and sends you an email with an account name and password.  When I entered my email, I thought I was giving it to an IFO Moderator looking to improve the site. 

Aimbox is an idea promotion company. http://aimbox.com/

So it is actually a trick to register your email with them.  Not the type of thing I would expect to see on IFO.  I am very disappointed that I saw your comment, because now I am registered with Aimbox.  I will try and see if I can delete the Aimbox account.

So far, I have not seen a way to do it.  Aimbox is a site similar to Kickstart.
The idea is people see your idea and give you funds to pursue it.  Then Aimbox charges you 25% of the funds you get. 

So when I tried to follow your advice, I got sucked into a scam registering me to an Aimbox account. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:16:21 AM by Fisnfool »

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sorry for that didn't go very deep into that site to research it. :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Fisnfool

• View Profile
They did not respond to my email yet.  If this is not a is not supporter, I wonder if it should be removed.

Fishingoat

• View Profile
I am glad someone brought this up.  I have that also.  Always seems to be in the way.  It's funny how human nature is.   It says do no click here.  Its a total invite and I could not help myself.  I had to click there once.  Reminds me of a cartoon where there is the red self destruct button and it says do not push.  Anyway if anyone finds out how to get rid of it, I would be much appreciative.  Now that I know what it is, I'll do a little digging and post if I figure something out. 

Oh by the way, if I see frabill or clam with my ideas, I hope Dave Gentz gives me a ring and invites me up for a trip. 

PS-  Ill gps his spots and invite the IFO bunch later. 
Tight lines. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Vexilar