Ice Fish Ohio Forum

oh where oh where have the fish gone

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I fished Andersons today and drilled 10- 15 holes from the middle to almost the mouth of the front channel, didn't mark 1 fish until I drill a hole about 3' off the bank in downed trees, caught 4 very small gills, moved to the sail boat club and fished holes that were already drilled, again , I didn't mark a single fish. On top of that I saw not a sole on the lake, was going to go to coldwater creek but with all the run off and the warmer temps, I thought better, my dumb ass aint smart enough to stay off bad ice. As of today @ 5 pm the ice was  a good 6" on Andersons.....good luck and somebody find the eyes or at least post you went fishing somewhere

nags

• View Profile
Had same results on Sunday in Anderson's. No fish caught one small gill in Harmon's.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I was having the same problem at Nimi. Look at the last place you think of fishing. This year is screwy. That's what I did and finally found the fish big time. Hint: an overall southwest wind for weeks has the fish on all the lakes positioned in the northeast corner of the lakes up here in Stark county area.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Salmonid

• View Profile
Tuesday night a guy I ran into today at Eastwood Lake said he got 3 nice ones in the tailwater, said 6" ice, said 14 guys were there, one of the saugs he showed me a pic of was very nice to say the least... ;)

word is that nobody has taken any fish at CC so far...

Salmonid

toadfish

• View Profile
I fished all over the lake last week and only had one small gill to show for my efforts.  I am starting to get a complex about my catching abilities!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar