Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mosquito MLK Day

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Only the 2nd time on Mosquito, but fished MLK Day for 11 hrs... 7am-6pm with Mousejam James & Ronnie. Ronnie stayed on the gills while James & I ventured to deeper water for Crappies & Eyes. Nipped & lost an Eye.

James brought Barberton's Famous Al's Market Smoked Hungarian Sausage for lunch while I brought Homestyle Chicken Soup. Man was that sausage good! I used my backpacking stove (MSR Dragonfly) to heat up the soup while James utilized his Mr. Buddy Heater. (I didnt take a heater nor needed one inside my Clam Nanook).

All in all, we had a great day. I managed 13 Gills, 8 Perch & 1 Crappie. The Crappie measured 12 inches while the biggest perch was a fatty at 11 inches. Surprisingly, all 8 Perch were females and all had minnows in their stomach.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

quackpot

• View Profile
Thanks for the nice report and making me jealous and hungry. The only other thing is what area were you at? I've never fished there and thinking about coming Sunday. You can send a message if you prefer.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Come on up quackpot, I would love to have ya back this way again
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

quackpot

• View Profile
Just trying to get a starting point. I've been looking at the map. I will know better when time gets closer. Icebucket we meet a few years ago at the mogy tournament lovin put together any information would help. I'm thinking near the cemetery.

Vexilar