Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The Chase!

crv423 · 8 · 9028

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
 What I call and find most exciting about ice fishing, is the chase. Sure anyone can find the group, make a phone call and figure out where the fish are. To do your own homework, look at maps, go out the day before with a spud and vex, makes catching fish that much more rewarding. I have spots I know of that doesn't draw the crowds but produce fish 75% of the time but I am always looking and searching out the next honey hole. Most of the time my ideal areas don't pay off, but you never know till you try, who knows the next spot I try may hold nothing but 10lb eyes, then all those days of catching small crappie in a spot I thought would hold eyes will be worth it. Don't get discouraged if you don't find THE SPOT right away keep trying eventually you'll find THE SPOT you've been searching for. Just a thought, good luck and be safe.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well put Mr crv, that's then fun thing to me is trying new spots and new tactics to find fish and get them to bite, the thrill of the hunt keeps us wanting more, it gets in your blood!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
tell my spots to stop movin around   :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Couldn't have said it better!  The hunt is the most fun of all. I love it. Drilled all over before and thought some awesome looking spots would be great that were a bust, and then I drill a hole just because and I find the mother load in a place I would least expect. I love ice fishing!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good thoughts & insight.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

MEKlukow

• View Profile
Absolutely! Gotta love a sport that keeps you on your toes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ha ha ha ha   sometimes I'm kucky to keep my toes   ;D   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Ice fishing is definitely more challenging than soft water fishing. You can't troll or drift vast areas  until you find fish. You can ice troll and drive around and find groups of people and pay lake them but there is no guarantee they are on fish. It is a great sense of accomplishment figuring out where the fish are on your own. Love it.

Vexilar