Ice Fish Ohio Forum

fished

hunterbear

• View Profile
well been out several times this winter .a few to the camp ground area. my question is... does anyone think the ice is safe in the land locked area that is next to drive that goes onto the camp ground?
 I personally haven't really had to much success fishing. I did how ever get 3 perch at 9" one of them was over 10" . that's a first for me to get keeper perch. other than that I have only gotten a hand full blue gills. wish like everyone else they were bigger almost seemed like I was doing surgery when cleaning them. also would like to know what are the hot color pin mins  people  are using . and as far as perch go are they hot for minnows or something else...
 I found this site a couple days ago and its great. thanks to the guys who give ice up dates. you are life savers!
 I plan on going out with an uncle of mine this sunday. any help would be appreciated color, depth ....

thanks
Im not in the **** around business

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just off the ice half hour ago. Purple was best color. The key is finding weed edges and goes in the weed bed that area little deeper. Say out past 8 feet. The crappie bite also picked up substantially after 7-7:30 at night. Both in size and quantity. And jig aggressively. That's the way they wanted it today. Tuesday was deadstick. Just play around and see what they want.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

hunterbear

• View Profile
thank you for the info. I have only used pink but I will go and get me some different colors today. good luck to you!

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D welcome to IFO there's always something to learn being posted and good people to fish with . Be safe and have a great season.

hunterbear

• View Profile
thank you and yes sir..there is definitely   a wealth of knowledge on here. now I just need to pick p on it!!!!

esox

• View Profile
When perch fishing it's vital to keep moving and the first drop is the most important. If there are any bigger fish within eyeshot of your bait, that's when your most likely to catch them.
 When targeting perch I'll seldom fish the same hole much longer than 5 minutes and usually closer to 2-3 minutes.
 You don't have to move far, maybe only 15-20 ft., but move you must. It's not uncommon for me to cut 100 holes. If fishing a daylight to dark full dresser, I might cut twice that many holes.
  If the water is clear, bead spoons can work well. No bait needed.
I usually use 1 lb. Suffix.
  If the ice is clear, the perch can be very spooky.

hunterbear

• View Profile
thanks for the reply .. drilling more holes is somthing I just started doing . I used to just sit on a hole forever before I would move.

Vexilar