Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/19 - first trip to Wingfoot

JNewbs · 4 · 6920

JNewbs

• View Profile
Stopped at Mogadore Bait and Tackle on my way out, and hit the lake around 8:30am.  I parked at the north end and checked all of the deeper spots on the lake over the next 5 hours, looking for Crappie.  Didn't find any, though I saw one on the camera for a second, and I caught 3 perch in the 7 inch range.  A slow day, but it was good to get out for the first time in years and it was a beautiful day to fish.  6-8" of clear ice with about 1.5" of white slush on top.

Thanks to snowcone and slabslayer for some of their tips before I headed out.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
still a fun day,thanks for report
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well I'm glad snowcone didn't share any of his catfish tips with you, he has the magical whiskered wand when it comes to those guys!  8)Abra caab a alla Shazam watch me land catfish, whiskered wand in hand (aka Jason mitchel) hahaha
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know right :P  catfish curse? glad ya had a nice day out there , sometimes wingfoot can be tough lake, its not the greatest lake anymore...   2   many cats   hehehehe  :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar