Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Clark Lake

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever ice fished Clark Lake in South Vienna Springfield area clark county?
Thanks
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

g

• View Profile
It's been years since I ice fished there but I used to get nice gills and crappies. Since they stock trout now, there is the possibility of catching them also.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Has anyone ever ice fished Clark Lake in South Vienna Springfield area clark county?
Thanks

Ive been wondering the same thing? How productive is it in the summer?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
I haven't fished it for years and have never ice fish that before was going to try tonight and ended up at CJ reservoir. Shiould have went to Clarklake only caught one keeper at CJ

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
It is a shallow mud puddle so the crappies and gills will orient to any structure you can find. Do enough searching in there and you could find some nice crappies! I haven't ice fished it but have caught some in spring!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip. Going to take my nephew Saturday I think.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I stopped there on Sunday curious if anyone had been there. I didn't see any holes and no one was there while I was. Ice seemed OK from the bank but I didn't walk on it. No spud bar with me so I played it safe.

I am going to give it a try this weekend. The water is 10 feet in a small area out in front of the dam / spillway. Most of the lake is 4 to 6 feet though.

My son has a school event through the morning hours Saturday so I will try to get there mid afternoon.

Vexilar