Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lack of effort

CrapPie

• View Profile
Took a lap around the st.Marys lake.Word was fish werent biting.Seen no fisherman.Seen hardly any tracks in the snow nor holes.Just curious how anyone knows wheather or not the fish are biteing?Dont fish eat everyday? Suageye,crappie,perch and gills are being caught at Indian lake 25miles away so are we just being lazy and waiting on "the words"? "The Fish are biteing "...Quit bitchn about the fishn and get your arses out there and find them. O ya by the way there are fish all over the lake and are not always in the 5 main comunity cuddle holes.Hinthint.The fish are biteing because they are smart enough not to starve to death.Find them like i have and then maybe you wont be so discouraged by others... Now thats my report(opinion) of the week.Good luck road fisherman.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Gonna go after them tonight when I get off of work, I'm like you, I haven't seen a sole on the lake. I was pounding Indian hard but I work in St. Mary's and it's too far a drive with a short time to fish. It would be nice if people would post anything about the lake good or bad. Sometimes it's nice to have at least one other person in the area to help hunt em down

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yea I live quite a drive from Grand lake and would hate to drive it and be disappointed!  That's the beauty of icefishoh is that we have a group of people who share the same passion and help each other out! We don't expect people to share GPS coordinates or take us to there secret spot but a little help goes along way, this site is full of a little bit of everything from beginner's to pro's. Feel free to share information if you want to depth, color, etc., if not then you don't have to! If the fish are not cooperating I would sure like to know before I drive 4 hours to get my feelings hurt! Just my opinion.  ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

toadfish

• View Profile
I live right on the lake and it is hard to put effort in day after day without catching anything.  I would much rather drive 1/2 hour to 1 hour to Indian, Loramie or Lima reserviors and catch something with my limited time.  I would be more than happy to tell you if I was catching fish but not specifically where.  I had told spots where I caught before and when I showed up to "my" spot, there were 30 guys there making all kinds of noise and the fish were no longer there.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;DThis site is here to share information . New lures techniques and equipment , ice safety and if the bite is on . Most get the concept and some don't . If you are unhappy with sharing /helping your fellow ice addicts , then that's your option . To take information from the site and when able not give back isn't right or fair . What's the harm in saying the gills are in 8 ft hitting fire tiger gill pills with one red spike dead sticked at 6 1/2 ft down near the weed line . By the time someone else reads the post a lot has changed ,light penetration ,barometric pressure and the schools location and activity . All the post gives is a starting point and a little hope , myself I enjoy someone else's success as much as my own . So I wish everyone safe ice , hungry fish and a good friend to share the day with .  Tight lines  ;)

Bryan78

• View Profile
Grand Lake sucked every time i went there this year which is why I've been going to Indian Lake. Crappies are running on the large side at Indian. Last year i fished predominantly grand lake and started there this year with not much luck. Fish seem to be wherever i drill holes at Indian. I'll fish grand lake after ice for damn sure.

Vexilar