Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice is good. Fishing is bad.

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
Hey I'm new to the forum but have been ice fishing for a few years. Ice was nice and thick today but the fish just weren't there. I was the only one on the lake today, even the warden said so haha. But anyway I drilled up and down coldwater creek fishing deep and shallow closer and farther from the bank, brush and no brush and not a single bite. Then I packed it up and tried up and down Anderson's and the result was the same. After that I drilled at a few spots off the beaten path with no luck either. The only place I didn't try was on the main lake so who knows. Caught about 2 dozen crappie at Laramie yesterday though with only 3 keepers. They were in about 6' of water off the ends of brush piles. We weren't the only ones catching fish either.

nags

• View Profile
What area on lorimie did you fish was there last Sunday in minster branch caught several nice gills

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
We caught them all at seigals bridge on the channel to the right down around the bend.

toadfish

• View Profile
The fishing is not bad on Grand Lake, only the catching is poor!  Any day you can get out, walk on water and enjoy the day without getting in the water is a good day.  A poor day is when you join the polar bear club and don't have any fish to show for your efforts.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

nags

• View Profile
Thanks dirt I drive by there almost everyday on way to work always people there fishing just never hear a report thanks again.

Vexilar