Ice Fish Ohio Forum

catch of the day

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I started the day by going to the bait shop, no spikes, wax worms were all but dead of what they had left, understandable because if no one is fishing, why stock the shelves. Since I had a late start I wanted to fish as close to east side as I could, but the parking areas were not plowed and I didn't want to get stuck, so off to Harmon's  I went. I drilled holes from the center of the channel all the way out to the pressure crack on the main lake, when I hit the water , a green slime or dead moss was prevalent in all the holes, needless to say I didn't mark a fish. So back to the front of Harmon's I went, I drilled several more holes by the boat ramp and the slime was not present there and I started marking fish. I couldn't get anything to hit or follow the bait, I don't know if it was to the dead wax worms I just bought or the lack of not having spikes. It was not until right at dark I caught my 1st fish, a whopping 2" gill, several minutes later I managed to catch 3 giant gills that measured 6" combined. I packed up and called it a lost day. It's gonna be hard pressed for me to fish the lake again until a reliable source tells me they are on the fish, you don't have to tell me where, just that you caught keepers!

Bryan78

• View Profile
Grand Lake has not been good this year. I doubt I'll go back until the ice melts. Been having too good of luck at Indian to fish elsewhere.

Vexilar