Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake St Clair

ICE COLD

• View Profile
About ten of us are headed to St Clair next week. Just wondering of anyone else has made the trip up and how's the fishing? Probably put in at Ginos.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
You can give sportsman direct a call and he will give you an honest report.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Headed to LSC for a trip, anyone been lately or have any reports?

fool4fish

• View Profile
Was up Sat ice was 19-22 inches driving trucks n suvs on lake I didn't do any good till I moved south of ginos use the big American flag on shore to line up there 5-6 ft got a few decent perch n rock bass red ice jigs tipped with wax or chart firetiger jig with red spikes chrome pimple tipped with minnow head got 2 bigger ones
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Thanks fool4fish. Appreciate the help. If we don't do good there this year it will be our last trip up there. Last three years has really been bad. We could have done better at Indian in half the time.

fool4fish

• View Profile
I hear that nice size perch are here it's just access that's what makes st Clair nice if u can just get sum nicer ones good luck
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Well that's it for LSC. 6 of us fished three days and only dink perch to show for it. I kept 15 "keeper" perch Saturday but ended up giving them to an older gentleman on my way off the ice. We tried a lot of different places and moved all over different depths. Water was so clear I was fishing in 9' of water and could see bottom. Didn't see many keepers swimming around. Did see a 4.5-5' muskie come swimming by. One day we tried for coho and we caught one and missed 6 others, So next year we will look for somewhere else to go to . We fished Houghton a couple times, three years at Presque Isle and now three years at LSC. I think next year we will try to plan a Lake erie trip if we get good ice. On a side night on the way back from LSC I stopped at Erie and went out with 5 guys. We caught some really nice eyes. 6 fish Ohios and my PB, a 14 lber. I'll post pics tomorrow. We caught them out by A can in 24' water. I was using a gold #7 pimple tipped with minnows.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Congratulations on the good time on erie and the big walleyes! I don't know how far you travel but I've ventured to lake mille lacs on a couple of occasions and did well on perch, we went out of macs twin bay.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar