Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Night fishing at CJ

Green Pea

• View Profile
Does anyone fish CJ at night?....... If so had any luck?  I may give that a shot tonight.

I can't decide whether or not to hit the Marina or the overlook side.

Jonboat

• View Profile
I've personally never tried night fishing through ice there but Im sure some have. I've thought about though and have seen many videos catching crappies at night.

Be careful by overlook fished Sunday ice was 6-8" then got alot of rain. I seen a friend out there a couple days ago and stopped to see him and check ice condition and it's starting to look sketchy 5 mb 6" slushy on top. Open water around beach area has gotten much larger extending around towards boat ramp now, so there has been some melting going on. I fished yesterday at Marina didnt want to chance it over there especially alone.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I think to be on the safe side I will tie off to the docks at the marina. I'm dying to try some glow jigs out. I will get there around 11:00 if anyone want's to give it a shot.

I would head over sooner but that's about when I will get freed up tonight.

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
We went out from 6-10 the last few nights and tried the marina and the point by the visitor center and didn't have much luck was out there today and didn't do great either at either spot good luck and be safe
CPRCatfish.com

Green Pea

• View Profile
I would like to go back out tonight and move around a bit but without a fishing buddy it's not so wise.

I don't have much luck at the reservoir either. I may go over there in the morning and give it a shot.

Thanks for the reply

Vexilar