Ice Fish Ohio Forum

results 2-6-2015

toadfish · 18 · 28665

toadfish

• View Profile
Fished fergie 2-6-2015 3:00 to dark.  1 small 12" eye on a dropper rig with yellow jig with red spikes.  14 fow about 1/3 across from point from north side.  Only fish I marked on the vexilar.  A few guys have been catching some perch but they are spotty.  Ice was 12-14" thick.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

walleyeguy

• View Profile

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Good question. Id say no to the ATV
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

toadfish

• View Profile
There are no rules against atv's or gas auges that I know of.  No gas motors in open water since it is a reservoir for Lima's drinking water. A rule that to me makes little sense since the water is drawn from the auglaize river which does allow gas outboards.

Good luck if you go and post a report.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Have you seen atvs out there? we seen one on Bressler a few weeks ago.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

toadfish

• View Profile
I have not seen an ATV on either reservoir.

Send me a PM if you guys want to get together and fish either place sometime before the ice leaves.

walleyeguy

• View Profile
Im getting to old to walk to far. how far do i need to walk to get to the perch?

toadfish

• View Profile
Great question walleyeguy.  I have not been able to catch a perch through the ice at Ferguson.  The only perch I have caught have been in fall near the steps on the south side.  It is pretty rugged trying to drag your gear up the dike, but once you get on the ice, the walking is not too bad.  I am nearly 48 but run a lot so I am not opposed to walking from one side to the other.

I don't know where all the perch go in winter.  The place is supposed to have lots of them.  I have only had bad luck in finding them.  The ones I caught in open water were all nice size.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
HMMM.... I take that as a challenge!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

walleyeguy

• View Profile
We were able to catch perch close to the north bridge (under water) caught maybe 50-75 perch all around 5-6" Wes moved south to a "pocket" and caught one that was maybe 10-11" Im not sure this lake is better than Bressler for size but it sure does have the numbers.

nags

• View Profile
Never fished Ferguson before want to fish tomorrow any pointers where to start.

toadfish

• View Profile
walleyeguy, where is this north bridge?  Is it on Ferguson?  I don't have a smartphone/navionics, but I do have a handheld GPS.  It would be great if you could supply coordinates, at least I would have an idea of where to try.  It could help out nags too.  The end is getting near with wm temps in the forecast.

walleyeguy

• View Profile
Wes Ballerd would be the guy to ask he put all of us on spots and he nicknames them. I dont have the coordnates. but id say 1/4 mile east from the lanch maybe 150 yards south from the bank. Couldnt use a camera but he has a lerance with downscan and could see the bridge.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile

Vexilar