Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Erie bite

Ashcraft4

• View Profile
Been fishing Buckeye Lake a lot which is my home lake but me and my old man we're going to come up to Erie Saturday and was wondering how the bite was we are thinking about when I do, west of Catawba or north east out of Camp Perry but are not sure what we want to do yet we fished out of Camp Perry two weekends ago the bite was very slow any information would be greatly appreciatedand you're more welcome to tagalong if you like thanks a lot!

My Demeyes

• View Profile
Looking at my navionics app February 9 last year was my best day, less than 2 miles north of Catawba we had 18 fish on the ice by 9am. It was awesome. I'm gonna try that area first this weekend.

Fishin 2

• View Profile
Looking at my navionics app February 9 last year was my best day, less than 2 miles north of Catawba we had 18 fish on the ice by 9am. It was awesome. I'm gonna try that area first this weekend.

HMMMM, It's been cleaned out already, gonna go ourselves this weekend I think, might get ahold of ya, Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

My Demeyes

• View Profile

HMMMM, It's been cleaned out already, gonna go ourselves this weekend I think, might get ahold of ya, Mike
[/quote]

I'll check to see if they left me any scraps, I have to see if they are there like last February. Get ahold of me Mike, hopefully we can find them quickly.

g

• View Profile
Good luck. The fish are there, you just have to find them.

Ashcraft4

• View Profile
From what I hear it sounds like it's better towards green island

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
What g says x2. Seems there are good pods of fish scattered in different areas. Key is to move until you get on top of them. Don't be content watching a empty flasher.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Fishin 2

• View Profile
I'm gonna make erie look like devils lake, SWISS CHEESE !!!
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

Icetester

• View Profile
Anyone have opinions on how far one would travel in between moves for a walker. I know its a guessing game for the most part, but are we thinking a 50 yard move is good, or more like 300-400 yards. Is it fewer longer moves, or many shorter moves. I'm just throwing it out there. I know our inland lakes are different where a 25' move can make all the ddifference. Erie is a monster.

Thoughts?

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Sometimes a move of just couple hundred yards can make your day. Being persistent goes a long ways.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Vexilar