Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Clam Vista vs. Eskimo Quickfish3

bucknuts

• View Profile
I'm getting ready to order one and these are my two options. Does anyone have either of these or can attest to the quality of Clam vs. Eskimo?

Thanks,

E
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

fishingful

• View Profile
My dad has a Vista and I have a quick fish 3. We both have fished out of them in the last few weeks. The quick fish seems to be the better shanty in my opinion. The windows come out is pretty much the difference. They both seem to be built the same way but the zippers are tighter on the Vista and 2 have broken off already. The center cap on the Vista also fell off inside the first time we used it. The nut was striped. No problems with the Eskimo so far.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I love my eskimo 2 man pop up . very well built for the abuse I put it thru. its been about 7+ yrs with this shed. I just wish I bought the 4 man because more room is good..... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Mullygyn

My question would be- is there enough room in a 6x6 for sled. Vex. Heater. Chair and a couple holes? Or is the 8x8 needed?

bucknuts

• View Profile
Thanks fishingful! That pretty much solves that dilemma because I can get the quick fish 3 for $20 less. My friend has a fat fish and it is very nice.

I will post after first time use.

E
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

fishingful

• View Profile
No problem. The quick fish just seems to be better. I like that you screw it down on the outside. The Vista has straps and buckles on the onside. It's a pain if there is frozen snow on the ice. Hubs are good if you want to sit and fish. Not really mobile lots of work to set up and tear down compared to a flip shanty.

icefshrman31

• View Profile
If it were me, I would go with the Eskimo Quickfish 3 hands down. Maybe you can find one locally and avoid the shipping expense.

Vexilar