Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bresler on 1-4-2015 in the Snow

toadfish · 13 · 12308

toadfish

• View Profile
I fished on Bresler all alone on 1-4-2015 from 3:30PM to 7:00PM on the north side between the two woods about 40-50 yards from shore.  Lots of marks, a few bumps and one fish hooked but not landed.  They may have been crappie or gills.  Tried blue/silver jiggin rap with red spikes and a hali dropper rig with a wax worm.  Snowing hard and stiff NW wind.  Lots of holes around the area I was in but no sign of anything being caught.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

toadfish

• View Profile
Good ice where I was, guessing about 9-11" thick.

nags

• View Profile
Thanks may try this weekend did real good last February

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Thinking about going Sunday morning. Anyone going? Is there any structure on the bottom? We fished the south side last week at 12 fow and didn't see one fish. I guess they are all deep?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

toadfish

• View Profile
Nags and zoeconner, report back if you go out and if you catch anything or not.  Good luck!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile

nags

• View Profile
Ended up at Indian today did really well crappie where on.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Did pretty well in the morning. Seen a ton of fish an camera. Caught some monster perch.

www.quickfishtipup.com

toadfish

• View Profile
Zoeconner, Which side of Bresler did you get the perch?  I would love to try to catch some of them.  Problem is, not much time this week.   Wondering how the ice is after that warm-up.

Great Map WBallard77!  Where did you get it?  I would love to have the same for Ferguson, Metzger, Lost Creek and Lima Lake.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
The North side. Ice was fine. At least 10" of ice. If I didn't have a camera I wouldn't have even caught them. Very lite bite. I have 2 buddies with me and they only caught one.

www.quickfishtipup.com

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Nice perch!
I used to catch some huge perch at Bressler, Metzger, and Ferguson on soft craws in the late spring/early summer.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Zoeconner, Which side of Bresler did you get the perch?  I would love to try to catch some of them.  Problem is, not much time this week.   Wondering how the ice is after that warm-up.

Great Map WBallard77!  Where did you get it?  I would love to have the same for Ferguson, Metzger, Lost Creek and Lima Lake.

Its navionics hot maps explorer. I use that and the Lowrance insight genesis trip planer. 
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar