Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First time at Mogadore

Catman345

• View Profile
Me and my friend plan on going to mogadore over the weekend and I was wonderingn if you guys know of good spots. We don't really care what's biting. We just wanna catch some fish

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
stop in mogadore bait and look on the wall by the door there is a map with pins in it where people caught fish. chat with the nice people there about the bite and they can give you updated info, along with all the guys going in and out. if you can manage lansinger rd  try out from boat launch. come on guys help them out give up some secrets..... 8)  isn't that why were here?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
don't try by the dam!  :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Catman345

• View Profile
stop in mogadore bait and look on the wall by the door there is a map with pins in it where people caught fish. chat with the nice people there about the bite and they can give you updated info, along with all the guys going in and out. if you can manage lansinger rd  try out from boat launch. come on guys help them out give up some secrets..... 8)  isn't that why were here?
I heard about the bait shop. Do you know if they have minnows??

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep they have minnies, and other baits. mom and pop store ya know.. :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Catman345

• View Profile
yep they have minnies, and other baits. mom and pop store ya know.. :D
  thanks you've been a big help and if you don't mind I have 2 more questions about the Mogadore Bait... 1.) do they sell pin mins? I'm lookin to get more. And 2.) are the minnows all the same size or are there bigger and smaller ones? Thanks a lot if you know the answers

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
yes they have pin mins,crappie size minnows,and usually large bass size,try at congress lake rd.you should get some gills there,go where yoy see all the other guys. ::)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Went out of lansinger last weekend during the snow storm.  If you have a navionics chip there is a small bottle neck in 15fow to the right of the ramp.  Caught a handful of decent crappie and perch on white jigs.  The perch came on minnies.  There were a ton of guys out so walk out with some people and make a few friends.  Then catch up with them later and trade reports to see if either of you should move.  The road back is kinda rough so if you don't have 4wd I don't know if I would chance it.
Tight lines. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Vexilar