Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new fishing liscense reminder

snowcone · 25 · 11848

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
don't forget folks new fishing liscense time
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Right, thanks!!  I would've forgot. ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
went to dicks sporting goods a week ago to get my 2015,2016,fishing license,was told i could not get it till 3-1-2015 when my current license expires. so if i go fishing sunday i'll have to stop and get license first,doe's not make sense to me. ???
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
 You can now go to the Ohio DNR website and get the new liscense for 2015-2016. I also tried this last week and could not do it at that time.
Just print out multiple copies and put in each vehicle and also take a pic on your phone so you always have just in case.
Stay warm and safe
IceHole

g

• View Profile
That's news to me. Have always been able to buy them early before my current license expired. Will have to check into it.

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
Just printed mine, it is effective 2/24/2015-2/29/2016. Happy leap year

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
since when has the state ever said no ,no ,no, about taking your money. i have always got mine early . sounds like B S  2 me...................
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Good looking out.  I would have thought of it last minute.  Thank goodness for home computers and printers. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

fishingful

• View Profile
I just printed mine out about 10 min ago. I needed it for Erie this weekend. Also remember the walleye limit drops from 6 to 4 Sunday.

holehopper

• View Profile
if their was any b s it came from Dicks,not me,i know you can get it on line, i have in the past,printer broken,so like i said,i went to get it they said not till 3-1-15,now has anyone tried to get their license at a bait shop or retail store,if they did then dicks was snowing me,but then why would they do that?i was just posting to save people a wasted trip,from what i was told,sorry. :-\
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I tried that last year at wal-fart. They said it could only be done one week prior to march 1. Whatever. Used to be could buy a month early in stores. Now I just buy it online and save the hassle.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
tried to get my licens for several weeks now. Finaly I called DNR and they said we could buy after 22nd of February. I also asked when they were going to post 2015 Trout stocking. she emailed the date for 2015 to me.  They then postedd the new dates on there Web Sight, but they ha the heading for trout stocking 2014. the Dates are for 2015 though

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I just got mine today, they went on sale Monday. Don't forget if you're going to Lake Erie the limit on walleye drops to 4 March 1st

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good reminder. I'll post that as a separate topic.

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• View Profile
just phoned Dicks at chapel hill(akron)they said new license on sale 3-1-2015,so i guess i'll go elsewhere for it.

Vexilar