Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Portage 2/23, 24/15

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit 2 different lakes. North and Nesmith (not plx, but close enough), and the fishing was extremely tough. Managed a couple keeper crappie yesterday and a handful of nice gills on the 23rd. Also had another nice 3 pound bass. Everything was released. I tried everything in every color, large and small and worked my butt off for every bite. It was the toughest 2 days on the ice I've had in 4 years. Thought I might get skunked yesterday, but managed a couple small gills and got a couple decent 11" crappie at the end yesterday. Today and tomorrow I can't fish, but will be back at it somewhere Friday. I fished anywhere from 4-18' deep, and when I dropped my camera down the fish in every hole looked like they were in a stupor. They wouldn't move and were suspended motionless, the camera bumped 1 bluegill and it didn't even swim off, just kind of floated out of the way. Tough fishing in conditions like that.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Hey slab.  I see the tactic now.  Bonk em on the head and grab them when the float up. 
Good work.  It has been a tough week.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
kazam...I have been doin it all wrong....usually its a cell phone or my pocket knife, you know.......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar