Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First timer

truth2432

• View Profile
I fish here quite a bit in the summer and drive by everyday on my way home from work. I noticed some people ice fishing a few times and it peaked my interest. Soooo....

I have done some reseach about safety and regualtions but is there anything I need to know before heading out soon?

Like ettiqute of using a hole that was made by someone else who left or things of that nature?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You can use another hole as long as nobody else is fishing in it! ;D Sorry, couldn't resist!  As for drilling close to people, just stay a reasonable distance away. You can ask how their doing and how close they want you drilling. You'll want basic safety equipment such as cleats to strap to your shoes, a whistle, spud bar, ice picks. Most everything you'll need can be found by searching the site for a few minutes. That covers bare basics of etiquette and safety. I'm sure other members will add valuable input. Sorry I can't be more helpful as I'm not familiar with that lake to give specifics.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar